Dr. Warren Sturman
Dr. Warren Sturman grew up in Broward County, Florida. After graduating from South Broward High School, he received a Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors in Electrical Engineering from the University of Florida. Thereafter he received his MD degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine, completed residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Cardiology at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach.
Warren’s four children were all born in this community and attended public schools in Fort Lauderdale. During that time, he served as Vice-President of their PTA, soccer coach, scout leader, and was a physician volunteer for their high school.
Community involvement has always been a priority for Warren Sturman who served as President of the Rio Vista Civic Association for 14 years, founded and lead the city’s Certified Emergency Response Team (CERT) team, was a leader on the city’s Education Advisory MLE Program, and most recently reactivated and lead the Broward County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC), growing the MRC to over 1,700 medical volunteers assisting the Dept. of Health at the COVID testing and vaccination sites in Broward County throughout the pandemic.
Professionally, Dr. Warren Sturman has practiced Cardiology in the Fort Lauderdale area since 1991. He currently provides Primary Care for the North Broward Hospital as well as Admitting and Inpatient Services at Broward General Medical Center. He was voted by the entire Broward General Medical Center Staff as the MOST VALUABLE PHYSICIAN for 2022.
- President of Rio Vista Civic Association for 14 years
- Founder and Chief of the Fort Lauderdale Community Emergency Response Team
- Grew CERT, training over 1000 volunteer first responders for disaster preparedness
- Vice President of the Harbordale PTA
- Member of Fort Lauderdale High School Innovative Zone
- Leader in the city’s Education Advisory MLE program
- Volunteer youth coach in soccer, football, basketball
- Volunteer Physician at Cardinal Gibbons High School
- Served on the 17th Street Traffic Mobility Advisory
- Reactivated and current leader of the Broward County MRC (Medical Reserve Corps)
- MRC recruited, credentialed, trained and deployed over 1700 Medical Volunteers
- MRC worked with DOH at the COVID testing & vaccination site throughout Broward