Dr. Warren Sturman
Dr. Warren Sturman grew up in Broward County, Florida. After graduating from South Broward High School he received a Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors in Electrical Engineering from the University of Florida. Thereafter he received his MD degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine, completed residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Cardiology at Mount Snai Medical Center in Miami Beach.
He has practiced Cardiology in the Fort Lauderdale area since 1991. For the last four years Dr. Sturman and worked for Broward General Medical Center, providing Primary Care as well as coordinating the COVID Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Program for the North Broward Hospital District. This year he was voted by the entire Broward General Medical Center Staff as MOST VALUABLE PHYSICIAN for 2022.
Dr. Sturman’s four children were all born in this community and attended public schools in Fort Lauderdale. During that time Warren served as Vice-President of their PTA, soccer coach, scouts leader, physician volunteer for their high school.
In addition, Dr. Sturman had served as President of the Rio Vista Civic Association for 14 years, founded and lead the city’s CERT team, was a leader on the city’s Education Advisory MLE Program, and most recently reactivated and lead the Broward County Medical Reserve Corps, growing the MRC to over 1700 medical volunteers assisting the Dept. of Health at the COVID testing and vaccination sites throughout Broward County.
- President of Rio Vista Civic Association for 14 years
- Founder and Chief of the Fort Lauderdale Community Emergency Response Team
- Grew CERT, training over 1000 volunteer first responders for disaster preparedness
- Vice President of the Harbordale PTA
- Member of Fort Lauderdale High School Innovative Zone
- Leader in the city’s Education Advisory MLE program
- Volunteer youth coach in soccer, football, basketball
- Volunteer Physician at Cardinal Gibbons High School
- Served on the 17th Street Traffic Mobility Advisory
- Reactivated and current leader of the Broward County MRC (Medical Reserve Corps)
- MRC recruited, credentialed, trained and deployed over 1700 Medical Volunteers
- MRC worked with DOH at the COVID testing & vaccination site throughout Broward